EOTC-DICAC has been on the frontline in the battle against the HIV and AIDS pandemic since the disease was first identified and integrated prevention started in the country. HIV and AIDS Prevention and control activity across the country.
The major part of the organization in prevention and controlling HIV/AIDS has been focusing on an extensive awareness campaign, providing both information and education about HIV and AIDS and emphasizing the power of the spiritual and moral values of the faith in inspiring behaviors that will preventing the spread of the disease.
· Promoting Abstinence & Faithfulness messages on HIV/AIDS
· Care and support for PLHIV through training and providing seed money,
· Creating favorable opportunities to Orphans and Vulnerable groups,
· Building the capacity of Theological colleges, Clergy Training Centers, Sunday Schools, Traditional schools and University to integrate health and social issues in their training curricula,
· Conducting domestic resource mobilization and various community support programs to sustainably support OVC and other vulnerable groups,
· Addressing Harmful Practices (HPs) mainly ending early child marriage, Gender Based Violence, Female Genital Mutilation and other domestic violence,
· Reducing the burden of RH problems mainly Adolescent and Youth Reproductive Health through Developmental Bible,
· Addressing malnutrition through Maternal and Child Nutrition promotion by conducting Enhanced Community Conversation (ECC)
· Promoting Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH)
‹ Back to List