Project title: Empowering New Generations to Improve Nutrition and Economic Opportunities project
Location: Amhara Region
Project period: January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013
Project year: January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013
Project Goal: To contribute for the national effort of decreasing malnutrition problems through the promotion of infants, young children, pregnant and lactating mothers’ nutrition by addressing active participation of the community.
- To enhance the awareness level of community about the importance of balanced diet.
- To improve the infant and young children nutritional status by promoting optimal breastfeeding and proper initiation of complementary feeding practice.
- To improve the knowledge of pregnant and lactating women’s nutritional status.
- To capacitate the change agents through knowledge on Nutrition.
- To empower chronic malnutrition cases who are economically impoverished through referral linkage.
Program Components: Training & awareness creation
Implementing Agency: HIV and AIDS Prevention & Control Department
Funding agency: Save the Children
Partner: - ----
Budget for the year: 39,447.60USD